Do You Know Why Do People Buy Your Products Or Services?
This might seem like a really obvious question to you – especially if you’re an accountant or mechanic or something straightforward like that.
But when you scratch the surface you might be shocked to discover that people buy your product or service for reasons that you weren’t even aware of.
You see, people buy for emotional reasons and back it up with rational reasons – so if you know both the emotional and the rational reasons why people buy your product, it will make your copywriting much more compelling.
Let’s take an accountancy business as an example.
You might think: “People buy my accountancy service because they need a tax return.”
But let’s dig a little deeper. What do they get when they buy your service?
1. A completed tax return yes, but what do they really get? Isn’t it peace of mind? (Emotional).
2. Maybe they buy your service because they believe that you can find more deductions for them than they can if they did it themselves. If that’s the case, they’re using your services to make money. (Rational).
3. Maybe they use you because they don’t have time to do it themselves – so they’re seeking more free time to be with their family? (Emotional).
You see, when you know all the reasons why people buy, you can start to incorporate ALL the reasons into the copy, making your message much more compelling. By the way, it works best when you include a rational decision backed up with an emotional decision.
Here’s an example of what that copy might look like:
“If you don’t have time to fill in your tax return this year, why not let us do it for you?
Here’s 3 great reasons why:
- we know what you can claim and what you can’t so you won’t miss out on any deductions
- you’ll have your tax return done overnight – so you’ll get your refund back quick-smart
- …and you’ll get to spend the weekend with the kids (instead of with your tax receipts!)
Make money, save money and give yourself peace of mind knowing it’s done right the first time by choosing ABC Accountants to do your tax return this year. Call us on 123456 to make an appointment.”
It pays to do a bit of research to find out why people really use your service. You might find the reasons weren’t so obvious after all!