Presenting copywriting work to a client strikes fear into the hearts of even the most confident copywriters. Why? Because we’re afraid of the response we’re going to get back. Will they like it? What if they don’t? Will I get paid? Will I ever work again?
The temptation is to just email it, hope they read it and pray that they like it. But is that the best way to present our copy to the client? Is that the best way to get our work approved? The best way to showcase our considered thinking that underpins what we wrote? Are there other ways we can present our work and if so, what are they?
This episode is all about how to present your work to the client so that you can increase your chances of getting it approved quickly, get more work and build a long standing, trusted relationship with the client.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use a Creative Rationale to present your work
- Use email, Zoom, or a hybrid approach to get best results
- Deal with objections to your copywriting work
- Manage client expectations
- Educate clients on how to give you a better brief
- Put clients at ease so they give you the best feedback
- Distance yourself from taking criticism personally