SEO Copywriting – How to write copy that Google loves!
Learn how to write SEO copy that stands out online
About the course:
SEO copywriting is the art of writing words for online mediums – websites, blogs and social media. In our online world, it’s an essential skill for business owners to turn poorly ranking websites into ones Google loves.
SEO copywriters are in huge demand because their words have a big impact on how a website gets ranked. It’s a powerful skill to have that clients will pay you top dollar for.
This online SEO copywriting course will show you how to elevate standard copy into SEO copy that sells.
You’ll learn the insider tips and tricks to improve your SEO copywriting, learn how to harness the on-page and off-page tactics to improve your rankings, conduct successful keyword research, attract quality external links, how to set out a webpage and more.
Using these tried and tested SEO tactics, you’ll get results such as higher rankings, more traffic and conversions, increased click-through rates and page rankings.
This practical, easy to understand course gives you the confidence to write SEO copy for your own business as well as write SEO copy for other clients and make exceptional money doing so.
Can you learn this skill?
Yes, it’s not as complex as you may think. You’ll be surprised how east it is to learn and be amazed how quickly you can get results.
Do you have to be a techie to learn SEO copywriting?
Absolutely not. Most SEO copywriters never get involved in the coding or back-end operations. SEO copywriting is a blend of art and creativity and you don’t need an in-depth understanding of web development, design or coding. If you can use Word, you can do this course.
If you’re new to copywriting, this course will fast-track your education and have you writing successful SEO copy in no time. If you’re already a copywriter but want to offer a new, profitable service to clients, this course will give you the confidence to provide SEO copywriting and charge premium prices for your efforts.
With this SEO copywriting blueprint for success you will learn:
- The importance of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The relationship between SEO and creating a visible digital presence
- The top on-page SEO factors all great copywriters know about
- How you can leverage keywords to attract quality traffic to your site
- How to make your website user friendly (for Google and customers!)
- What title tags and meta tags are and how to use them effectively
- How to use long tail and short tail keywords
- Keyword planning and research
- The importance of creating a positive online user experience
- How to stop people ‘bouncing’ off your website
- How to use SEO to market your business
- How to snare competitive traffic and drive it to your site
- How to acquire quality links that improve your Google ranking
- How to bring an audience to your website with SEO
- An overview of important tech tools like Google Analytics, Yoast and other tools that will help you become a top SEO copywriter
- How to improve your online presence using keywords and your domain name
- The importance of blogging and content marketing for SEO
- How to integrate SEO into your blog and content
- Making money from SEO copywriting – how to position yourself as an SEO copywriter and create a unique point of difference.
SEO copywriting allows you to:
- Increase your copywriting skill set
- Charge more for your services
- Offer a tangible skills that helps a client make more money
- Provide a point of difference to other copywriters
- Market your own business effectively without hiring expensive SEO copywriters
- Build a skillset that keeps you ahead of the industry curve and relevant to your clients
Who is this course for?
- Copywriters who want to add a new skill to their resume
- Content creators who are ‘winging it’ and want a system for creating SEO copy that converts
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who want do their own SEO (or at least know enough to hold their SEO consultants accountable)
- Web developers, PR consultants and journalists wanting to get an edge on competitors and offer a point of difference to clients
What level of experience do you need?
There are no prerequisites however many people like to do the Learn How to Write course first for copywriting fundamentals. It covers a range of topics and is structured to offer substance and stretch activities for every level of expertise.
Even if you don’t want to be a full-time SEO copywriter, just having the skills to write great SEO copy for your own business will give you the knowledge and power to propel your webpage to the top of Google and get remarkable results.
If you’re seeking practical, real-world training that generates paid work, helps you create a point of difference to other copywriters and lets you profit from the explosion on online business that is occurring, this is the course for you.
Take your skill set to the next level, get savvy about how websites really get ranked and ensure your skills remain up to date and relevant.
An introduction to SEO copywriting
- What is SEO?
- Black hat vs White hat SEO
- Landing page, Home page, Product Pages, Lead Pages – what’s the difference, why you need to know and how to write for different pages
- What Google, Bing and Yahoo look for, how they work and how to write for them
- How to write copy that converts traffic into customers
- The difference between SEO copywriting, search engine marketing and internet marketing and why it matters
Structuring and writing effective SEO content
- How to write SEO’d headlines, subheads, body copy, meta-tags, bullet points and hyperlinks – and where to use them in copy and other content
- Pro copywriting tips – opening sentences that hook the reader, power words, trigger phrases, and more
- Techniques to help drive action and fill the sales funnel e.g. enquiries, sales, downloads, sign ups
- Web-friendly PDF’s – how to create them and when to use them
- Types of content that work well in e-newsletters/EDMs
- Powerful subject lines and call to actions that work
- How to use SEO in statistics, opening statements, video, graphics and other tools to drive conversion and convey your message convincingly
Keyword research and planning
- How to conduct informed keyword research to identify topics and priorities
- Different types of keywords and how to test them
- How to set goals, research and develop audience personas to accurately refine your campaigns
- How to construct landing pages and optimise for SEO
- Short tail and long tail keywords and how to create a keyword strategy
- How to use copywriting formulas to write effective meta tags
- How to find out what the competitors are doing and leverage their SEO research for your purposes
SEO copywriting ‘tools of the trade’
- Discover the range of 3rd party keyword planning tools available
- Learn the pros and cons of each and how to use them effectively
- Learn how to automate your SEO copywriting process
- Quality linking – what makes a good link, how to acquire a quality link and why you want them
- Get the low-down on helpful tools that help you become a great SEO Copywriter including Google Analytics and other best practice tools and tricks
- How to snare traffic from top competitors’ sites and point that traffic to your site
- How to identify your top competitors and assess the SEO content on their websites
SEO blogging and content marketing
- What is content marketing and how is it connected to SEO
- The power of blogs and how to SEO those blogs
- How (and why) to update your site with fresh SEO content
- How to blog strategically
- How to write copious amounts of SEO content quickly (without lifting a finger)
- How to re-purpose your SEO content (without getting ‘pinged’ by Google!)
- How to create SEO content for social media
- How to use storytelling templates to convey meaningful stories that connect
How to make money from SEO copywriting
- Learn how to promote and market your SEO copywriting services effectively
- Get the scripts the professionals use to convert copywriting clients into SEO copywriting clients
- What to charge, how to charge and how to turn one-off jobs into long-term contracts.